Around 2 months ago Google sent a quiver across the SEO industry by launching the most advanced search feature till date "Google Instant". But Google's quest for creating the fastest tool for online search has not come to end yet. It has now made an addition to the snippet data help. So apart from the page title, URL and a basic description of the webpage content, the search result page will also show you a preview of the webpage by just clicking on the magnifying glass placed next to the page title.
This feature works on a basic mechanism of giving the users a peek into the website on the result page and helps them evaluate the relevancy of the result. For e.g. If you are searching for SEO firms in India and type the query 'SEO India' in the search bar, you get a list of SEO firms in India ranked as per their relevancy. To make a quick decision of which site suits your requirement better you can get a preview of the site afforded by the search engine through the screenshot of the webpage. All you need to do is click on the magnifying glass set next to the page, later you can just move the mouse over the other results to see the preview. A pop up giving the visual overview of the result appears to the right.
As per the official Google blog, users of the search engine will be 5 % happier due to the results they achieve through this feature. However happy the users may be the SEO world has yet another challenge to face.
Since the release of this search acceleration element the SEO firms across the world are assessing its effects on search engine optimization methods. Any addition or change in the search engines does affect the search engine optimization mechanism in some way or the other. A few hurdles that have come to life for now are as follows -
• It is a well known fact that the web page needs to have relevant information and that it is easy to navigate through. This plays an important part in page ranking and getting traffic. But now even the appearance of the page will matter greatly. The titles tags and Meta tags will still matter but now users will decide to visit the page or not based on the visual appeal. So if you have a poorly set up site you will drive away potential traffic.
• Keywords play an even bigger role now as instant preview highlights the areas where the keyword appears and give a small cut out of the content to the users; this helps the users judge the relevancy of your site. So placing keywords ever so smartly is crucial.
• Flash content on the site will not render and will make the site look bad. This will immediately leave a negative impression on the users.
• When the preview of the search results pops up it covers the right side of the result page. This makes it cover the PPC Ads having an impact on the CTR for PPC Ads.
The SEO industry in a short time has done their research to put in place effective measures and avoid drop in PRs. The following tips may come in handy from now on -
• Meta tag description though considered not important till now will play a great role hence forth. By placing relevant content in the Meta description tag within the allotted 150 character limit you can gain a lot of visitors for your site. Try and make the Meta description as relevant as possible with effective use of keywords.
• Instant Preview reinstates the fact that flash content is bad for SEO as it can't be crawled by the search engines, the other reason to remember from now on is that flash portions don't render in the Google Instant Preview making the pages look ugly and badly arranged.
• The preview provided by Instant preview in not readable except for the titles that are in larger font. So just like the search engines that read the title tags and meta tags to determine the relevancy of the webpage, humans too would read the title tags to judge the use of the result. Hence it is now important that you optimize the header tags to get a better CTR.
• Looks will definitely matter now. Now you need to have a site with great graphics, charts, diagrams etc. to help grab the attention of the user. Do not forget to optimize the images on the web site for your keywords. Make sure that their filenames and alt text are descriptive and accurate.
Up until the latest change of Google, the rule is clear. The site is mainly focusing on the users and will do all it can to deliver the fastest search. Hence sticking to the mantra "Focus on the user and all else will follow" will help the SEO firms win the battle.
What is SEO?
SEO (search engine optimization) is the method to improve your web site's rank on Google, and other search engines.
Why do SEO?
The answer is very simple - TO IMPROVE YOUR BUSINESS & INCREASE PROFITS EXPONENTIALLY.
Importance of SEO
Ranking high on Google is very important if you want lots of visitors to your website. Let's consider an example. Suppose you have a website that sells baby baskets online. To improve your business and increase your profits, what you need is lots of sales.
To make lots of sales, you need lots of VISITORS. Now just imagine, if your website ranked #1 or even rank #5 on Google and other search-engines google for your product (in this example baby baskets), then you will get thousands of visitors every day from Google search. In short, If you rank on the first page of Google, you will get 1000's of visitors everyday and 100's of sales from them.
How to Rank high on Search engines?
SEO (Search engine optimization) for your website allows you to get a high rank on search engines. SEO is one of the best kept secrets by internet gurus with which they have been making millions of dollars every year. Now it's your Turn.
How Google ranks your website?
Google and other search engines rank your website based on many SEO factors like -
o Number of links to your website.
o Keywords in your website.
o Title of your web page.
o How frequently you update them (freshness of the web pages).
These are just a few pointers on how to rank on search-engines. To rank high on Google and other search-engines, you will need a complete guide. SEO is very important for today's business and it is a must for every website.
SEO is an Investment, not an Expense.
With a proper guide, you can easily dominate search-engines like Yahoo, Google and MSN. Ranking high on search-engines is easy and can be very profitable for your website. Complete SEO guide to start ranking on Google. Turn your website into a profitable venture.